Welcome Forums General Discussion To Travis

This topic contains 37 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Emmanuel Reyes 5 days, 4 hours ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hello Travis,

I wanted to email you but have had a problem with my email account which has lost all my saved emails. Please could you send me an email so I can reply to it! Thank you and sorry for the strange message!

Best wishes,

Richard

Travis
    Keymaster

Done!

Check it.

-Travis Peters, teaching Christians to lead a life of increase and purpose.

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Hi Travis

I have found some suppliers that are located here in usa.

Do you have a different email template for contacting suppliers here in us?

e.reyes

Travis
      Keymaster

Na, don’t overthink it. Just ask them about payment terms and how they operate etc. You’ll be fine. You’ll learn the most by just diving in there and asking questions.

That’s how I do it when talking with suppliers.

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Hey Travis how are?

I wanted to tell you 3 things:

If I want to create a blog, can I use same steps on module 3 to build a website?

Or there is other options you recommend for blogging?

In other subject for me has been hard to understand how to build an email list so i thought it could be a good idea to create a course to learn creating landing pages.

Ex.

What is a landing page and how to create one?

Can i have a landing page for my actual website or i need to create a new website only for landing page?

Best ways to grab more email.

Ideas, tools or strategies to create a solid email list?

Also I wanted to tell you is hard to navigate and browse your website when I’m using my phone. In the desktop no problem but mobile isite kind of confusing.

Hope that helps.

e.reyes

Travis
      Keymaster

Hi Emmanuel, if you’re looking to set up a blog, then yes you can do that through Weebly as well. They have a blog section. However, I would also recommend using squarespace or wordpress if you’re looking to go the blog route.

I use wordpress for my blogs, BUT wordpress has a much higher learning curve, it takes a while to get it figured out.

-As far as landing pages go, it is simply a place to capture emails in exchange for something, like a coupon code, email updates, a free e-book etc.

Once you have their email, you connect your landing page to let’s say Mailchimp, and that will automatically kick off your email series.

I personally use LeadPages.net to build my landing pages. You can look at Instapage.com as well. They make it super easy.

Check those out to start with.

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Thank you Travis!

e.reyes

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Travis, I am a little bit confuse about what is WordPress and how I can build a blog.

What is the difference between a website and a blog? Do you build the blog inside the website?

I was looking on weebly and squarespace they give only two options: website plan or store plan. Which one I need to have a blog?

the blog is created inside a regular website plan or blog is a plan I need to buy?

I was thinking in having a page inside my blog to list my dropshipping products or digital products for sell them. Is that ok?

e.reyes

Travis
      Keymaster

Yes, a blog is simply something you put INSIDE your website.

For example, on EscapeYourDayJob.com, my blog is where I put out new posts on drop shipping, tactics, strategies etc. It’s the part that is updated regularly telling stories, or teaching lessons etc.

Then you could have a store page that sells your products.

You’d use the blog to bring people to your site, and then they would purchase from your store page.

I think any plan you pick will let you do this.

Make sense?

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Travis it make sense. Thank you for your advise.

I thinnk i can figure out wordpress and build my blog there. I maybe wont now a lot now but i can learn it. Do you think i should start with wordpress?

I was wondering also how good will be the SEO with wordpress? Will be better than squarespace or weebly?

e.reyes

Travis
      Keymaster

SEO is by far better with wordpress. MOST websites and nearly all blogs are built on wordpress. (Including this site and faithlifemoney)

For drop shipping however, most people go with shopify/weebly/squarespace and I see wix here and there too.

Anonymous

Hello Trasvis,

I have a question regarding alibaba’s sellers. It seems like most of the sellers are overseas and some of the products they’re advertising look great, but how can I guarantee  the authenticity of the the product being advertised?

Thank You

Travis
      Keymaster

Yes, almost all of it will come from overseas. (MOST products we even have in America were actually made in China) – I do cover your question in the course, but you can do a couple of things:

1. Check the reviews of the product on the Ali sites

2. Look on Amazon.com for the product (a majority of products you see on amazon came from alibaba/aliexpress) and read the reviews there if available

3. Order a sample of 1 unit and ship it to your house to inspect

You’ll find that MOST of the products/companies on alibaba and aliexpress produce great products. Sure, some of them can come across as cheap, but just do a little bit of research and you’ll find the good stuff.

Anonymous

Travis

Thank you, got it! will do more research in that area!

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Hello Travis I am very happy because i have found a supplier and i have made 4 sales in January. so far everything is working great.

I have a question about international shipping. Someone form New Zealand and Brazil ask me if i ship over there. What should i do?

Do you accept sales from outside USA on your websites?

if you do, How do you calculate shipping prices? any advice selling international please

Thank you Travis

e.reyes

Travis
    Keymaster

Hey that’s great man!

What is your product/site?

How did you make your first sales? Would like to know more so everyone can learn from your success!

And yes, about 25% of my sales are international, we ship outside the USA several times a week.

As a dropshipper, it doesn’t really matter where they live.

Let’s say your supplier is in China. You email China with your Brazil customer’s order, send them the money, and tell them to ship it to Brazil. (instead of you)

To your supplier it will cost the same to ship it to the US vs Brazil, or really any other country.

As far as shipping costs that is up to you. My main product is a high-ticket item so I do free shipping.

Emmanuel Reyes
      Participant

Travis
      This our website:
      mrandmrskings.com

Please give me your advise and comment. Thank you!

We use mainly our social media pages to spread the voice of our blog by posting images and other content linked to our website store.

We have been studying your fast track course and applying everything we are learning and so far they are bringing results.

Contacting the right supplier is kind of difficult. We found a good supplier on aliexpress to sell action cameras accessories and we still looking for more products suppliers.

We launched our website in January (last month) and we did 4 sales the same month. We are planing to keep learning first of all but also expand and gorw our business. Our goal is to find more supplier this month and minimum 4 sales again.

Thank you, please keep posting your good content because the are working.

e.reyes

Travis
        Keymaster

I replied to your other post on this in depth, but what product sold 4 times? Just curious. (Great job by the way!)

Emmanuel Reyes
          Participant

Travis i never see your reply. Travis the first 4 products on i sold was the GoPro bundle. Thank you for your help

e.reyes

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Hello i have a website store with wordpress and the paypal and stripe method of payment are asking me to have an SSL Certificate in order to accept payments.
    Any one have had this situation before? Do i really need a SSl certificate and who provide me with one?

e.reyes

Travis
      Keymaster

Typical for wordpress you’ll need to do this. It’s super easy and will be done through your hosting company like Godaddy. It’s usually just a quick, one-click install.

If you need to you can always call or open a chat box with your hosting company and they’ll walk you through it.

The SSL certificate will keep your customers payment and info safe.

Emmanuel Reyes
        Participant

Thank you Travis. I did it and now i have a SSL certificate.

Travis i feel like i am stuck. I have not had any sales since January. I dont know what i am doing wrong or what i need to do to bring more traffic to my website and convert them into sales.

e.reyes

Caleb Shelton
    Participant

Hey Travis it’s Caleb. I’ve decided that I want to sell tents and sleeping bags. I know there is a lot of competition in this. I was thinking that I would go the route of selling only large luxury tents and luxury sleeping bags. Did you think that is niche’d down enough? Or do you think I should go a different route with this? Also how could I validate the sale without buying the product myself due to the cost. I do know about the google adwords.

Travis
    Keymaster

Could be a tough niche with all the giant camping suppliers out there.

Have you done the validation processes I outline in module 2 yet? If so, what were the results?

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Hello Travis first i want to thank you for being a great teacher for us, my questions is How can i find a niche to target it? I think i have done bad in that part.
    How to know i got figure out the right niche for me?
    I know we need to find a niche first and not the perfect product. But the hard part for me is to find a niche and after i find a niche how do i know what to sell to them?

Also Travis i was reading about monetizing my blog and am interested in learning more about other ways to monetize my blog. Do you have other courses about monetizing a website?

Thank you.

e.reyes

Travis
      Keymaster

Hi Emmanuel, module 2 is all about finding your niche/product ideas. There are several videos there that will show you how to find the niche best for you, and even give you some ideas.

I typically suggest that people start with something they already know, are an expert in, or passionate about.

Maybe an opportunity you’ve seen at your day job, or you see a gap in a hobby market, or sport you play.

Those are great places to start looking and MANY people have built their businesses from there.

–As far as monetizing a blog, that’s a whole different route. I don’t really have any lessons on that. I focus teaching drop shipping because it’s the fastest way to start making profits.

Monetizing a blog usually takes months and months because you need time to build a good following to market too. Drop shipping can be profitable almost instantly through FB ads/Google ads/pinterest.

Caleb Shelton
    Participant

Hey Travis it’s Caleb. I have a question about google adwords. Is it free to use the keyword search thing? I signed up for it and got charged $50. I think that I actually paid for “pay per click”. Is there a way to use it for free?

Travis
      Keymaster

Hey Caleb, there in module 2 of the course, check the “keyword research tools” lesson.

Has lots of other free options besides Google adwords tool. (And no you don’t technically pay for it. They want you to have an adwords account before you use the tool)

Eliza Rayo
    Participant

Hi Travis,

I need to update my credit card information for next months payment. The card on file will be cancelled soon. I was not able to find a page directing me to my credit card information or even receipts for it. Its kind of frustrating. Can you kindly explain this process for me? Thanks

Travis
      Keymaster

Hi Eliza, no worries – just emailed you the card update link. Thanks for the heads up!

Your monthly receipts are automatically emailed out each month as well.

Let me know if you’re not getting them and we’ll make sure we have the right email for ya.

Caleb Shelton
    Participant

Hey Travis I wanted your opinion about using a .org instead of .com as a domain name extension. I read on a couple of blogs that it doesn’t really make a difference anymore and that .org is just as strong as .com.

I also wanted your opinion about a possible niche. It’s kids tents. I was thinking kidstents.org because kidstents.com is unavailable.

Travis
      Keymaster

Typically .org doesn’t make much a difference, BUT here’s the potential hangup:

When you are telling someone about your site, do you really want to have to clarify each time that it’s .org?

People are going to forget, and accidentally go to your competitor. (TRUST me on this!)

But if the competitor is non-existent, then yes, it would probably be fine.

Google searching “kids tents” looks like the big box stores have quite a hold on that niche. So trying to outrank them in google would be crazy tough.

What marketing strategy are you thinking about for this?

Caleb Shelton
    Participant

I’m not sure. Marketing is where I need to strengthen. I was thinking I would get some ads out there via pay per click. I’ll take a look at module 4. Do you have any advice to offer?

I also had a question. I asked a supplier if they accept paypal and they said that they use the aliexpress platform. You recommend only using paypal right?

Travis
      Keymaster

The aliexpress payment platform is good too, that’ll work fine.

I personally think it’d be tough to get into this niche, and there’s not a huge profit margin. Unless you’re super passionate about kid’s tents and really want to be come the kid’s tent authority, I’d keep looking at other options.

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Travis how are you? I found online websites that charge you an annual membership in exchange of their dropshipping suppliers and wholesaler list or contacts.
    can you advise me if signing up to one of this websites who have drop shipping suppliers is a good idea?

e.reyes

Travis
      Keymaster

Honestly, I’ve ONLY heard negative things about those types of sites.  I typically hear two things about those sites:

1. The products have SUPER low profit margins. Typically the type of item you’d have to sell thousands of to make it worth it.

2. 99% of the products are already on Alibaba and Aliexpress, these sites just “curate” them for you and put them in one place.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.