Welcome Forums Action Steps: What action steps are you taking this weekend?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Travis 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Travis
    Keymaster

Let’s get after it this weekend!

1. I’m going to start running retargeting ads for the Net Gun Store. (Since it’s a high end product, people usually don’t buy right away) Retargeting ads let the customer have their space, but not forget about you either!

2. After a phone conversation today with a new EYDJ member I got fired up to write an epic “How to Escape Your Day Job” blog post. I’ll get it written and then share it with you guys first before it goes public. This will include finding your minimum viable income, what to put into savings, action steps to take etc…

3. Record some more personal welcome videos for all of this week’s new members.

What about you guys?

-Travis Peters, teaching Christians to lead a life of increase and purpose.

Samantha Prosowski
    Participant

Ugh. SOOO did not get started the way I wanted to. HOWEVER, after lots of time doing what felt like wasting time researching what I wanted to sell (essential oil diffusers), I’m going to go with a business suggestion I saw on SaleHoo, and I’m going to use one of their trusted dropshippers, Petra, and I’m going to sell compact fridges. Their sell-through rate is really good as well as searcges. I decided to just go with something even if it’s not 100% my favorite product because I know it’ll sell and I NEED to get started. Since its my hubby’s day off, I’m planning to set up my business today with module 3 as my guide.

Travis
      Keymaster

Compact fridges? I like it!!!

Haha why not?

You’re going to learn so much about the process just by taking action. I know I say that all the time, but it’s extremely true. Get something up. One of my mentors (who makes $100k per month) always says, “it doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be done.”

By going through the process and setting all the systems up you’ll gain knowledge, insight and experience you didn’t have before. So I’m pumped!

Post the link when you have a page or two done and I’ll look over it for ya.

(Again, great job taking action!)

Anonymous

Hi travis i am teaching myself how to drop ship again. I haven’t done drop shipping for about 1-2 yrs ago. I was motivated at the time but i didn’t have the passion to stick with it. Right now in my life it is very very necessary that i stick with it. Ive been out of work since January so God has given me time to work on a business idea so i don’t have to depend on that 12-16 hr a day job that steals my energy and time. I have to say God has been very faithful in answering my prayers bc i believe it can be done as long as i work on it daily.  I’m trying to drop ship on ebay now. I would love some advice to keep me encouraged that would be a blessing.  Ok everyone God bless you all and Thank you travis for this forum

Travis
          Keymaster

Great job Tamia, just keep going through the lessons and the videos, you’ll get there!

Anonymous

1. Organize my day on paper

2. Look over the modules

3. Look at some products with my husband

Travis
      Keymaster

Alright Emma! Sounds good, let us know what you find in your product research or if you need any help.

Hope
    Participant

Hi guys,

I posted a couple ads on in the Facebook marketplace and in 24 hours I’ve already gotten 4 confirmed orders, 11 possible orders, and a total of 3,521 views and counting! I’ve been quite for some time and these past few days I’ve dove into the modules and I’m currently at Module 3 because of these results.  I’ve already registered a domain name and hosting.  Currently working on the site on Weebly.   However, I’m stuck at which plan to purchase for my site (Business/Pro/Starter)?  HELP?!

Actions steps for this weekend include:

1.  Review website and ensure changes go through.

2.  Module 4

3.  Get organized!

Travis
      Keymaster

Hope! Wow! That’s awesome!

Way to go, taking action always pays off.

Would you mind posting some more details in the “Success stories” forum?

Maybe post a link to your marketplace so we can  all see what you’re doing? This will really help and motivate people. Using FB marketplace/craigslist/ebay etc can be a great way to test your offer, make sure it works, then create a drop shipping site from there.

You’re doing amazing – keep it up and thanks for sharing!

And on weebly, any of those plans will work, just depends on how big you want your site to be, how many products you want to sell, and how many options you want.

You can always start at the starter/pro level and upgrade from there if needed. Just keep taking steps, that’s the key!

Hope
        Participant

Thanks Trav!  I will definitely be posting in the Success Stories soon!  You’re definitely encouraging and it drives me to just keep pushing forward as I see the great potential with this.  I pray to God before action and he knows when to push me forward and humble me when necessary as well.

Travis
          Keymaster

I look forward to it!

Anonymous

Weekend plans,

1. Do some major and much needed clean-up of my 2 year old blog EupterraFoundation.com (there is a lot of disconnected SEO) and a little on the new store Eupterrae.com.  Just need to make them SEO friendly by Sunday.

2. Go through the rest of the modules (3-6).  Still thinking about my approach on products and target audience…

Those are my plans,

Charlene

Travis
      Keymaster

Great! After you go through the lessons, post in the general discussion forum your thoughts/ideas on products and your audience.

Then we’ll plan some next steps from there.

Anonymous

Hi all,

My action steps are to go through some of the lesson steps daily and visit the forums daily. I am only just starting so I don’t know enough to ask anything, or share anything useful. I don’t have any great ideas for a product other than I would like something retro/vintage and some time ago registered a domain name called walkingthroughghosts.com which I have never used and perhaps this is the time.

Best wishes for the weekend,

Richard

Travis
      Keymaster

Hi Richard! No worries man, your idea will come.

Get through modules 1 and 2 and I think you’ll have some ideas to play around with.

Keep us posted on your progress and we can help you research products as well.  Keep taking action buddy!

Emily Hooker
    Participant

Hey all,

My action steps for the coming week (deadline next Friday):

1. To launch a updated and paired down version of my current website by- simplifying content, making a clear product statement and shortening the “buy” process to about 3 or 4 clicks.

2. Get ahead on my social media scheduling 1-2 weeks ahead.

3. Book at least two trade shows in the coming months.

Emily

My name is Emily I am the creator and designer of Blackburn Goods a leather goods brand made in Oklahoma. My skill is self taught but all business knowledge has been acquired through forums, great pier conversation, and good o'l fashioned sweat and tears. I love helping others discover their passions and create a business they are proud of.

Travis
      Keymaster

Boom! I like it Emily!

Scheduling your social media is huge. If you just spent say one hour a week on it, you could really get ahead and free up your time.

How do you go about booking trade shows, and how do you know which ones to go after?

Julie Foster
    Participant

Since I just finished the “New Members Start Here” community forum, the next step was to come here.

1. Module 1 to start with

2. Module 2 tomorrow!

I’m eager to get started so … ready, set, go!

Julie

Travis
      Keymaster

Hi Julie, how’s the progress? Any ideas you’re working on?

Tony Rojas
    Participant

I got through all of module 2 already. It made the steps clear and easy to follow. I spent the weekend researching a product to sell and I also emailed them the email that you gave us in the course. They all responded very fast and now I’m filtering through which ones offer drop shipping.

Travis
      Keymaster

Awesome, great job moving fast. Keep it up.

Cody Garvin
    Participant

1. Ive been browsing products and have finished module 1 and part of module two.

2. Im going go through module 2 tonight.  Im really looking forward to seeing how to find product from idea to validation!

3. Module 3, never have I built a website before, I want to learn.

4. Pursue!

Travis
      Keymaster

Pursue on! That’s the fun part! Great job man.

Christina Rollison
    Participant

I am going to learn, and learn some more by watching the videos.  After that, I think I will be able to narrow down some more specific Action Steps. 🙂

Travis
      Keymaster

Sounds good, keep us posted.

Anonymous

Going over the course this weekend and set up a plan to integrate with our lives. Woo hoo!

Travis
      Keymaster

Sounds great! Keep that momentum going!

Michael Garibaldi
    Participant

Hello all. I figured I should at least describe a little as to what I was thinking of trying. That way others may be able to give their input and advice, as well as some constructive criticism.

So, I have an idea of creating a clothing product that is specifically directed towards the military, as well as some law enforcement individuals. Specialty socks actually. But, what makes mine different is that they have a small alteration on them that will allow for a more comfortable fit for formal uniforms. I’m not recreating the wheel or anything, just providing a needed alteration that will help reduce the discomfort that comes with wearing dress uniforms.  Which, for anyone who has military or law enforcement experience, realizes that the amount of time you spend in said uniform is quite often.

Anyhoo, my action steps for today is to research industrial engineers and designers, and send them the specifications for my product to see if they’re able to create it.

Travis
      Keymaster

Very interesting Michael!

Has this product been made/sold before? Or is it something you’re sort of pioneering?

Michael Garibaldi
        Participant

Hello again.

So at this moment in time it is something that has NOT been made before. Pioneering is quite the word, but I like it. I’m hoping it will prove to be as useful to others, as it has been for me.

I have found an individual who is able to make the alterations that I specified, and so my goal today is to mail a few pairs to them so they are able to work on it right away.

Travis
          Keymaster

I like it man! The key here is get to product validation as fast as possible.

As soon as you have a prototype we need to see if people will open their wallets and pay for it.

Let me know the results when you get them back.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.