Welcome Forums Action Steps: What Action Steps are You Taking This Week?

This topic contains 62 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Travis 3 months ago.

• Author

Travis
    Keymaster
    1. Currently I’m working on building out the “website toolbox” which is all the tools I recommend using when building out your online business.
    2. Finish the “Make Money Fast” lessons. These are for when you’re in a tight spot and need to do some freelancing to make some money.
    3. Roll out the community to a small portion of my customers and get this place poppin!
    4. Schedule and plan 2 blogs and podcasts for FaithLifeMoney.

-Travis Peters, teaching Christians to lead a life of increase and purpose.

Kevin Bjorklund
    Participant

Here’s my plan of attack.

1. Host first webinar next Thursday with The Creative Church Network, Chris Abbott!

2. Have my first consulting gig for a church in Minnesota

3. Get 48 students signed up for a media camp I am hosting with Chris Abbott in June.

4. Fulfill our 100 uniform commitment through our non-profit organization by mid-june.

5. Do it all having lots of fun and lots of laughs.

1. Slaughtering a webinar with KB of Ministry Media Academy

2. Figure out web hosting plan moving forward – I either need to ditch hostmonster all together and find a new hosting company or just bite the bullet and upgrade to a dedicated server

3. Finish up the web projects I’m currently working on and outsource new ones that come in to free up time for the Creative Church Network

4. Come up with a Content Creation plan for Creative Church Network

5. Outline my first online course – either on web design or graphic design

Travis
    Keymaster

Here’s my plan of attack. 1. Host first webinar next Thursday with The Creative Church Network, Chris Abbott! 2. Have my first consulting gig for a church in Minnesota 3. Get 48 students signed up for a media camp I am hosting with Chris Abbott in June. 4. Fulfill our 100 uniform commitment through our non-profit organization by mid-june. 5. Do it all having lots of fun and lots of laughs.

I’m excited for this webinar – make sure you post the link to it so we can all sign up and check it.

What is your goal for the webinar on Thursday? What’s the perfect scenario there?

And how many more uniforms do you need? Make sure you post a link to that too here in the forums.

It’s gonna be a good week!

Travis
    Keymaster

1. Slaughtering a webinar with KB of Ministry Media Academy 2. Figure out web hosting plan moving forward – I either need to ditch hostmonster all together and find a new hosting company or just bite the bullet and upgrade to a dedicated server 3. Finish up the web projects I’m currently working on and outsource new ones that come in to free up time for the Creative Church Network 4. Come up with a Content Creation plan for Creative Church Network 5. Outline my first online course – either on web design or graphic design

Chris, as you know from my course, I’m a big fan of Hostgator. Great customer service and they let you pay low monthly payments. I think most places make you pay for six months or the year upfront.

Outsourcing is a big deal! I’m currently working on a “how to” post that will show you how I outsource websites and other online projects. BIG time and money saver. (and can be a money maker!) I’ll post it here in the “Make Money Fast” section in the sidebar

Paul Cato
    Participant

For my Digital Print website:

1. Write copy for the opening page.
    2. Figure out what other pages I need to include and add them.
    3. Work out what images I need to shoot for the site.

Travis
      Keymaster

Yo Paul! That’s awesome man, do you have a domain yet for the site?

If so, post it up and we can help add some feedback.

Is this a business you can also have other places like on etsy or pinterest?

Kevin Bjorklund
    Participant

Hey Paul! Welcome to the forum!

Did you get your copy written?

Chris Abbott and I are hosting our first webinar this week, so we are taking care of all the backend items.

Paul Cato
      Participant

Hi Kevin. My week has been hijacked with accounting stuff, but I still want to try and get my action steps done and not slide into another week. But to be honest, I’ve struggled with what to write for the main opening section so it will be a challenge when I sit down to put it together.

All the best for your webinar – and for the results. Let us know how it goes (or has gone).

Paul

Hey everyone! I’ve been on vacation this week and haven’t had internet access. My next steps are to create an email campaign to advertise my Mom t-shirts. Here is a sample of what my t-shirts will look like.
    DSCF2831
    I hand painted it, but I have someone who can do the shirts for me and drop ship them to where they need to go.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Travis
      Keymaster

This is great Elisabet!

Especially that you can have someone create them and dropship them for you. 

This simplifies your role significantly.  All you have to do is design them (maybe you could even outsource that on Fiverr.com) – and then get people to your site.

What are your thoughts on how to get started?  

Where are you going to generate traffic/leads?

If it were me, I would start by:

1. Opening a quick Etsy store with 3-5 t-shirt designs
      2. Start a pinterest page and have a pin for each new shirt
      3. Create a Weebly.com site (see the training section in the course) – and either sell straight from there, or link the pictures to your Etsy store

I think your best source of traffic will be pinterest/etsy because your buying demographic is already there LOOKING to buy shirts like that.

And then Facebook/Instagram ads will be great since you can have very detailed targeting such as “moms” + “moms with small children” + “purchase online often”  – highly targeted ads, write to your demographic. (There’s a FB ad training in the course too)

Keep us posted on your progress and let me know if you need more help/guidance.

Travis
      Keymaster

Hey Elisabet!

Where we at on the shirts?

Let me know some updates and if you’re stuck on anything.

I have a friend that already has a successful Etsy shop and she sent me a link for up to 40 free listings when I sign up. I am going to meet with her on Tuesday to talk about it. (By the way, here is a link to her shop. She does amazing fondant cake toppers! https://www.etsy.com/shop/FondantlybyMarile?ref=l2-shopheader-name)

Travis
      Keymaster

That’s awesome Elisabet – I say go for it.

The faster you get your products in front of people the faster you’ll learn. (What TO do, and what NOT to do)

Etsy can be a great way to start getting sales get your business idea off the ground.

Send us a link once you have it up and running!

—-And those cake toppers are amazing! See what kind of insight she can give you that may help you succeed faster.

Ask her what she wishes she would have known from the beginning. Things like that.

Jasmin Surginer
    Participant

Hello everyone,

1. Finish all my lessons
    2. Decide which product to start with.
    3. Create my web page.

I have three ideas and not sure if is smart to start them all at once.

Travis
      Keymaster

That’s awesome Jasmin. Over in the General Discussion forum I asked you some questions on your product idea. I’ll help you take a look at the whole scene and we’ll see if we can come up with some direction/guidance for ya.

Keith Johnston
    Participant

Thank you for the response on the forum. I am going to write a few more posts for everydayallamerican.com then I will turn it live and would love to get your feedback. As far as an email collection what do you think about Mailchimp?

As far as the Jeep drop shipping, I would be looking to do aftermarket parts. I snuck a little research today while at work and found transamericanwholesale.com and saw through the new accounts section they have drop shipping abilities. I will need to read more into them but that sounds like I was wanting to create a site and they fulfill the orders and I get a cut for sourcing the business. With more hands on with different accessories I could do more like extremeterrain.com and rockriders.com. Let me know what you think and if this sounds like a profitable course of action.  Thanks and have a blessed day.

Travis
      Keymaster

Keith! I like it man.

Take action – let’s get those posts live and then let us know in the “Share what you’re working on” section. I’ll check it out and give you some feedback for sure.

That transamerican site looks great. I think you’re onto something here. As you know I’m an advocate for your business being in a topic that you are passionate about because it makes it that much easier to create content/blog posts/videos/guides

I know you’ve been thinking about this for a while now, just pull the trigger and get the site live.

Words to live by: It does NOT have to be perfect, it just has to be done.

Tonia Myers
    Participant

Actions step for the rest of this week and weekend…

1) Finish my lessons

2) Research suppliers.  Travis any thoughts/advice on using “SaleHoo” for sourcing dropshippers>

3) Create my webpage.  Since you have shown me this “weebly” I might become dangerous and create a website for our ministry and our christian internet radio show that we currently do.

Travis
      Keymaster

Great job Tonia!

1. Get after it! Let me know if you have any questions or get stuck

2. As far as researching suppliers – my thought is this: I’m a hair skeptical (pun intended) on the wholesale/dropshipper sites that you have to pay for. Not that they are bad or scammy, they may in fact be awesome, BUT – with alibaba.com at your fingertips I don’t see why you would need to pay for manufacturer/wholesaler info.

I also look at other big sites like dhgate and tradekey.com – though pretty much everyone can be found back on alibaba.

If they have a free trial, or if the cost is inexpensive you can go ahead and give salehoo a try. I could be wrong, but I believe that those paid sites basically just curate and organize manufacturers that could be found on alibaba. Basically you’re just paying for them to kind of streamline the buying process for you.

3. Do it! Weebly is a great way to get started when you’re new to websites. And they can produce a beautiful end result.

Let’s keep the convo going, let me know in the “general discussion” forum what you find in your hair topper research.

Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting started, so my actions steps for this week/end are:

1)Book a strategy session

2)Dig into my lessons

3) Decide on my product idea( I have no ideas at the moment)

Travis
    Keymaster

Way to go Andrea!

I always say action takers get rewarded.

Keep digging in and let’s come up with at least 1-3 ideas this week.

Be thinking on:

• Something you’re already an expert at
    • Something you are passionate about
    • An opportunity you know there’s a demand for

Anonymous

Hi folks,

Don here,wanted to run My idea for a website specializing in jeep and 4×4 performance and customization parts by u guys.

I’ve worked in the automotive fields for 25 plus years. This is something that I’m very passionate about. I now there is a lot of compation out there but a hug demand.

My action steps for this Are,

Study and research,

Send out emails to manufacturers wholesalers distributors in hopes to find dropshippers.

Found a few jeep parts on alibaba. Thinking of putting a few of these on eBay and Amazon in hope’s to make a few sales until I can get a website up and going.

Whatcha think ?

Travis
      Keymaster

Don! Welcome my friend.

Glad you’re here.

I think this is a GREAT idea.

1. I like that you are passionate about this. It makes things so much easier when you enjoy your topic.

2. Using ebay, craigslist, and Facebook marketplace are GREAT ways to test your ideas. Once you get a few bites, then build a website around your product to take things to the next level.

3. Lots of competition isn’t a bad thing. I believe the key is to carve out a niche and position yourself as an expert. For example, maybe instead of just selling jeep 4 x 4 parts, you become the expert at a certain style of jeep, or you’re the expert in jeeps made from 1975-1985 etc. (something like that) That way, when anyone needs anything from that jeep niche – you’re the guy. The expert.

–Great job taking action. Let us know if you need anything else, and don’t forget to post the results of your test. I want to hear them!

Elise Thompson
    Participant

Hi Everyone. i have narrowed my drop shipping business down to selling wooden chandeliers. Here are my action steps for this week:

1. Finish all the modules

2. decide on  a vendor(s)

3. complete website

Attachments:

Travis
      Keymaster

I LIKE IT!!!

Perfect example of “niching down.”

I’m sure there are plenty of searches/demand for wooden chandeliers to make a great income from, and it allows you to become an expert in that niche since most websites that carry chandeliers probably sell every type of chandelier.

I’m excited for this one!

Keep us posted on the progress.

Oh, and make sure you check Aliexpress.com too when looking for vendors.

Great job.

Anonymous

Hey All,

Just started the course today and I’m in the Marketing Module right now. My Action Steps to complete by Monday, 8/15/16 are:

1) Finish first walkthrough of the training

2) Niche-down at least one product category (Currently thinking of either custom spice blends or high-end kitchen tools)

2.1) Find dropshipper for product

3) Rough-out website design and choose domian

I could use any suggestions/ ideas for dialing in the sub-niche. (I can blend the spices myself but it seems that would be just another way of trading time for dollars)

Thanks for the help!

Jim Harmon

Travis
      Keymaster

I like it Jim!

I think it’s a great idea to start your business in an industry you already know well and are passionate about. (Such as cooking)

Custom spice blending could be a good idea, you’re right you would have to trade time for dollars, but it could have the potential to be outsourced once you get the biz model dialed in.

High end kitchen tools could be good, but I wonder if  people will be too brand loyal? As in, they will only purchase the brand they already know and love? (Not sure, you’d know better than me)

Perhaps there is a sub-niche of kitchen tools in a certain category? Like if you cook asian-fusion then this here is THE tool kit you need?

I’ll keep thinking on this, there’s something good here.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Anonymous

Is ShopHoo a good option for beginners?  I am definitely a beginner!  Is the annual membership fee worth the return?  I’m ready to take some action, but I don’t want to pay $70 and find out later it wasn’t a great early step.  I’m off to study module 1 and maybe 2!  Thanks!

Travis
      Keymaster

Hi Liz, here’s my PERSONAL OPINION on sites like that, (take it or leave it) – I don’t think there’s ever really a need to pay for a drop shipping service. All the supplier info and resources you need can be found for free on the sites like Alibaba, aliexpress, dhgate and tradekey.

And on some of those sites, they even take a small percentage from your transactions, so in essence, they become a second “middle man” in the process.

So not to say that sites like Salehoo are bad, I just don’t think they’re necessary.

Anonymous

Hi Team!

My plan for this week is to complete Module 2 and Module 3! I need to build some momentum and get my site up and running.

I am one of those that attempt to make everything “perfect” – soo this is my action step to get my site up and running this week!

Thank you team, in advance, for holding me accountable 😉

Wishing you a blessed week!

Kim

Travis
      Keymaster

Alright Kim! Keep taking action.

You’ll hear me say over and over and over –  just launch as fast as possible – it does NOT have to be perfect, it just has to be done! (<–got that from my mentor who makes over 100k a month online!)

Because you really don’t know much about your business until you’ve launched. Once you’ve launched, then you tweak and adjust to make things better and better.

Keep taking massive action – you’re doing great.

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Hi guys this is my second week with the escape your day job community.

This week we finish doing the second module and we decide to open a website to sell bedroom furniture using the drop shipping method.

Our plan for this week is to find the suppliers and start building the website.

e.reyes

Tony Rojas
    Participant

This week I plan on buying a few samples from the suppliers I found on AliExpress so I can test them on ebay to see if it’s a good product.

Travis
      Keymaster

BOOM! Keep us posted on the results

Anonymous

My goal for this week is to:

complete Module 2 & 3

Narrow down my 3 ideas:

• African American Hair Wigs (Full lace Frontal, Full lace wigs, Kinky curly hair)
    • African American Dolls
    • Asian Dolls

Email Alibaba vendors once narrowed down.

Travis
      Keymaster

Hi Sharon, make sure you check Aliexpress.com as well for vendor potential. They might be a better route to go for wigs. Also, have you done your keyword research yet on those 3 topics? Which one seems to be the most in demand?

Emmanuel Reyes
    Participant

Hi friends i am super excited i have my website almost finish. I need to finalize it this week and buy some samples from the aliexpress suppliers.

e.reyes

Anonymous

So this week I’ve been working on a few different ideas for a product.

1. Bubble Tent/ Bubble Tunnel and catering tents- Bubble tents already has a few competitors so I was wanting to aim more towards the Tunnel/Catering Tents.

2. Kids Smart Watch- Lots of searches. Has some competitors but not isolated to kids smart watches

3. Organic Baby Mattresses- Has lots of searches. Competitors are mattress companies in general no one selling specialized organic mattresses.

Let me know you thoughts.

Travis
      Keymaster

Check out the attached screenshot for “kids smart watch.”

The key to pick the right product is your research phase.

Looks like most of your competition is “affiliate articles.” – This is when someone, usually an online magazine does reviews of the top 8 products or so. Then after they do a review and description of each product, they link out to where you can buy that item. (full disclosure, they get a percentage of each sale when they do this)

The good news is, those sights are good, but not great. You beat them by making yourself THE authority on the topic. Bad news is, they usually have a lot of link juice in google, and can be hard to outrank. (That’s where google product ads come into play – see pic)

The rest of google’s results are beatable,  not a lot of competition, besides amazon. Amazon may not be beatable, but you could still get a “piece of the action” from google product ads/facebook ads/pinterest ads.

This would be a great product for pinterest.

You just need to decide if you’re willing to put in the hustle to put out content, market it, get great pics of the watch in action. I didn’t see a lot of pics of the product actually being used. Mainly just plain product shots…so there is room there.

Attachments:

Anonymous

My action step for this week is to pick 1 thing to sell, and purchase 1 from a supplier to take pictures with to start a website. I think I want to do jewelry or hair accessories for my first product as I’ve sold those before, and the pictures on Alibaba are not good enough for selling those types of items.

Travis
      Keymaster

Sounds great, keep us posted after you learn about product research in module 2

Anonymous

Our action steps this week will be to:

1. Familiarize ourselves with the course

2. Choose a product to sell

3. Get after it!

Travis
    Keymaster

Yes! I like it, take massive action.

Anonymous

I am still trying to figure out what to sell. I’m stuck there. I have clickfunnels up and running finally. I’m apparently not very tech savvy yet. So this week:

1. Decide on an item to sell. I want it to be a larger ticket item if I can so that I’m not doing a lot of behind the scenes shipping work.

2. Make enough money on clickfunnels to cover the monthly fee

3. Start on the website for my business 🙂

Longer term goal: Get this stuff running so I can quit my day job. Day job, Side hustle, babysitting the grands every weekend, 12 year old at home, ministry to run, and this…Gotta get it going!

Travis
      Keymaster

Yes! Great job Valerie – you’re kicking butt.

Keep going, keep taking steps and don’t get too hung up on details.

I’d rather you launch as fast as possible and then go back and tweak, adjust, make better.

He who grabs the cat by the tail learns 80% more about the cat than he who doesn’t!

Allison Nepomuceno
    Participant

Ok… plan for the remainder of this week:

1. Choose a business niche.

2. Choose product to sell.

3. Get website up and running!

While I would love to get all of that done before the end of the week, its very possible I wont quite make it that far. But hey, I can try. 😀

Travis
      Keymaster

Go hard! You can do it, and the progress will be worth it.

Allison Nepomuceno
      Participant

Ok, so little bit of an update.

I was able to narrow down into a niche and pick a product thus far! Now, whether or not the niche is narrow enough is a different story, but I guess I will find out soon…hopefully. At the moment, I am currently in the “testing” stage, attempting to sell the product on Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, and Craigslist.  I guess I will leave them for a couple days before trying to tweak the ads.

Travis
        Keymaster

Great job Allison! Yes start testing as fast as possible. Taking massive action is the key.

Keep it up!

Renee Payne
    Participant

My goal for this week is to complete all Modules .

Renee Payne
    Participant
      Get a supplier that will do the shipping.
      Choose product to sell.
      Get website up and running.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Renee Payne.

Travis
      Keymaster

Let’s go!

Brijique Ferguson
    Participant

Hope everyone is enjoying their day so far…

So my goals for the week ahead are to

1. Finish the course lessons

2. Create a list of products that are right for me

3. Pick top 3 of those products, and then pick the best 1 from the top 3

4. Refresh on course lessons

That’s all I have.

Travis
      Keymaster

Great job taking action – let’s go!

Margarita Santiago
    Participant

My plan for the weekend is to go through as many modules as possible for this program.  I want to learn and implement as I am learning to get this started FAST.  That’s the goal for this weekend.

Attachments:

Travis
      Keymaster

LET’S GO!!!

Anonymous

1. Get started on the course

2. Start brainstorming on what products will be profitable in South Africa.

3. Implement what i learn in the course

Travis
      Keymaster

Do it! Great job taking action

Anonymous

Hey so my goal for the week is to finally get started on the course modules.  Vacation bible school kept me super busy last week, but since things have calmed down I have the time.

Also, I want to be active in the forums. I am SO bad at this community stuff on other sites lol, but I definitely want to be more engaging!! I figure this is a good forum to start putting that into practice.

Travis
    Keymaster

Yes! Be active! The most successful students are the ones who engage the most ~

Anonymous

Hey Everyone!  My goals for this week are to:

-post in the forum at least once a day

-finish the training modules

-Come up with at least 3 product ideas to test.

Have a great week everyone!

Travis
      Keymaster

Awesome! Great job taking action Erica!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.